The installation of dual battery manager is quite simple as long as you carefully read and understand these instructions, most importantly review the application chart below before you begin.
Discharge Parts: MosFet control, Low voltage drop.
Discharge Parts: low voltage protection model, Protect your battery.
Separator Parts: Fully automatic.
Separator Parts: Dual battery charging mode easy.
|Voltage Drop Chart|
|Total cable length (m)||Amps||Voltage Drop (%)||mm2||AWG|
Dual Battery Manager(DBM) are designed for negative ground alternator systems with batteries of the same nominal voltage. for optimum system performance it is recommended that a battery labelled ” DEEP CYCLE” be used in the auxiliary position.
Separator Parts: The DBM allows two batteries to be charged at the same time. When the engine is started and the start battery reaches 13.7 volts or charger working and the aux battery reaches 13.7V, the Separator Parts of DBM engages, allowing two battery banks (start and house) to be charged simultaneously. When the voltage drops below 12.8 volts (eg. the engine is stopped), the Separator Parts of DBM disengages, separating the batteries. will activate paralleling the two battery banks.
Discharge Parts: the discharge parts monitors the Aux battery voltage and disconnects the DC load when the Aux battery voltage falls below the disconnect point, preventing further discharge and possible damage. A 20 second delay will occur prior to disconnection allowing for short periods of low voltage (eg. engine starting). Once the battery is recharged and the battery voltage is above 13.4V the DC load will automatically be reconnected.
In the event your DBM exceeds its maximum operating Current load 140A the DBM will disengage. Then you can reconnect to LVD Acc line the DBM restart. (Voltage rise cannot activate Discharge Parts on this mode)
In the event your DBM exceeds its maximum operating temperature 85℃, the DBM separator will disengage. and temperature drop to 60 ℃, the DBM separator will has reconnected.
|Voltage||Separate Current||Load Current|
|Separator Parts: disconnect 12. 6±0. 2V connect 13. 7±0. 2V
Discharge Parts: Disconnect 11.0 ± 0. 2V Connect 13.4±0.2V
It is the installer’s sole responsibility to install and use this product in a manner that will not cause accidents, personal injury, or property damage. Please follow the installation instructions supplied. If the installation is not correct, the unit may not important perform at its designed potential. If in doubt, consult your local dealer. Singtech disclaims all liability for any use of this product that may cause accidents, damage or be a violation of any laws.
WARNING: BATTERIES PRODUCE EXPLOSIVE GAS
Always wear eye protection when working around batteries. Batteries can explode causing severe injury. IMPORTANT — Read Instruction Carefully Before Use
Hydrogen and oxygen gases are produced during normal operation. This gas mixture can explode if flames or sparks are brought near the battery. When charging or using a battery in an enclosed space, always provide adequate ventilation. Do not lean over batteries during boosting operation.
Disconnect the negative battery cable (Ground) from the starting battery.
Separator Connect Information:
- Connect a new wire of the proper size to the main battery of the DBM and the main battery positive (+)
- Connect a new wire of the proper size to the aux battery of the DBM and the aux battery positive (+) .
- Must use the appropriate specifications of the Current protector in the above tow lines.
- DBM Separator Auxline connection:
Connect the red wire to ACC of vehicle ACC line, and connect the black wire to Ground, When ACC line has +12V, the separator part already started working. If the ACC line has not +12V voltage, the DBM Separator part will shut down, the main battery and aux battery absolutely disconnect.
Connect the remote wire 5PlN connector into the DVM plug of DBM.
LVD Connect information:
- Connect a new wire of the proper size to the LVD OUT of the DBM and the Electrical equipment
- DBM LVD Auxline connection: Connect the red wire to ACC of vehicle ACC line, and connect the black wire to Ground, When ACC line has +12V, the LVD part already started working, If the ACC line has not+12V, the DBM LVD part will shut down.
- #. Reconnect the both battery negative (-) to vehicle ground.
Separator part remote wire:
- Remote wire has a switch panel one LED and one switch. The LED will illuminate when the separator parts of DBM activated. (the ACC line must have 12V power)
- Switch -auxiliary start, when main battery cannot start the car, turn the switch to “EMERG MODE” the DBM active. Separator Parts of DBM engages. Turn the switch to “Auto MODE” when the engine started.
- Checking the operation: the battery DBM should now be operational. Start the vehicle or apply a charge to the battery. Once the battery rises to 13. 7-13. 9V the separator parts of DBM should activate. Turn off the vehicle or remove the charge to the battery. when the both battery drop below 12.6-12.8V,the separator parts of DBM disengages, separating the batteries.
The dual battery manager can mount Engine room or mount nearby Aux battery 0 Dual Battery Manager feature a fully sealed (IP65) shock proof aluminium housing, protecting. the unit against water and dust ingress. The DBM end plates include a mounting flange for easy mounting, if permanently fixed the DBM should be mounted to a suitable horizontal or vertical metal panel. Mount in a convenient location. Mount as far away as possible from the exhaust manifold, turbo or any other high temperature components. Do not mount on the engine. Drill hole 4mm, Use M5 Screw and Lock washer.
ALTERNATOR VS LOAD VS BATTERY MANAGER
|Alternator||Load Capacity||Battery Manager|
|Length||Wire Conductor Area|
|2.5 m||16 mm2|
|3.5 m||25 mm2|
|4.5 m||35 mm2|